Re: Darcs vs. Git again

Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva ha scritto:
> I reviewed my opinion from the last time we discussed this, and I'm not
> a radical for darcs: I'd be happy to work with Git too.  OTOH, pet[0]
> works for darcs and there're 86 dirs in /darcs/pkg-haskell against 12
> in /git/pkg-haskell.  So, because of these points I think it would be
> more practical to change them all to darcs.

Personally, I prefer git over darcs, because I find it more flexible and
with more useful features. I'm using darcs just because Joachim asked me
so: it's not bad, but I miss some of the things I was used to.

Anyway, it is surely good to have all the packages under the same VCS:
maybe it's better to switch to darcs, otherwise the work would be much
greater (and, of course, there is also the PET issue).

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy