Re: No ghc-pkg unregister call on upgrade?

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Kari Pahula <kaol@debian.org> wrote:

For that matter, people don't have any sort of tracking of hidden
cabal packages across versions outside of Debian packages, either.  I
haven't looked at it but I don't recall that haskell-devscripts'
generated postinst scripts try to do it now, either.  I may have been
overengineering the case, again.

Should we just go for revealing any hidden packages on update and put
a note about that behaviour to ghc6's README.Debian?

I think so.  I only use cabal when something isn't already debianized.  After it has been, I remove the cabal version and then install the deb.