Re: No ghc-pkg unregister call on upgrade?

Hi Joachim.

Em Ter, 2009-09-22 às 11:50 +0200, Joachim Breitner escreveu:
(...)
> Am Montag, den 21.09.2009, 12:51 -0700 schrieb David Fox:
> > When I upgrade to a newer version of a package, the old package is not
> > getting unregistered by ghc-pkg.  I believe this is because ghc-pkg
> > update does not actually unregister the old package, and the ghc-pkg
> > unregister call in the prerm script is not called during an upgrade,
> > only during a remove.
(...)

I remember we used to unregister, and then it was changed to update.  Is
it a bug in ghc-pkg or is update suposed to do this?  Or, in other
words, should we file a bug or fix it in Debian (or, maybe, both)?

In ghc-pkg --help there is:

  ghc-pkg update {filename | -}
    Register the package, overwriting any other package with the
    same name.

I guess if it say it overwrites other packages with the same name, it
shouldn't leave anything behind.

(...)
> Marco, you have been quiet for a while.

Yes, I'm very busy these days.  I'm doing two semesters in one at the
university.  I have reserved a time of my week for Debian, but I'm using
most of it to my NM process.

> But could you have a look at that issue?

Sure, I think it's an easy fix.  When we're sure that it should be fixed
before GHC 6.12 in Debian, I'll do it.

Greetings.
(...)

--