Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] haskell-digest_0.0.0.6-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Joachim,

Joachim Breitner schrieb:
> This file is copied from the zlib source distribution as it is in
> Debian, but not available in the zlib1g-dev package.

have you tried filing a bug report against zlib1g-dev (maybe with a patch)?

> Should I
>  * Refer to that location?

I think this is acceptable as a temporary workaround until the bug in
zlib is fixed.

> Quoting Eirk de Castro Lopo:
>> For the second issue, this is due to the machine readable cabal file
>> format not accepting "BSD2" as a valid license. The solution I
>> came up with for this was as suggestion to put the follow in
>> the LICENSE file of the upstream package:
>>
>>     The following is the license for this package even though
>>     the cabal file says BSD3. The cabal file is a machine readable
>>     file and currently, the parser does not understand 'BSD2'.

I do not understand that but you should at least quote this message in
debian/copyright if there is no other solution.

Cheers,
Torsten