Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] haskell-digest_0.0.0.6-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Chris,

sorry for the late reply, I’ve been traveling.

Am Dienstag, den 25.08.2009, 23:07 +0000 schrieb Chris Lamb:
> I'm rejecting your package from NEW:
>
>  - No source for cbits/crc32.h

This file is copied from the zlib source distribution as it is in
Debian, but not available in the zlib1g-dev package. There, the
generating crc32.c file can be found. The zlib package does not seem to
actually re-generate the crc32.h file when building, though.

Should I
 * Refer to that location?
 * Copy the .c file and dependencies to my local debian/ directory?
 * Do something else?

>  - LICENSE and debian/copyright contain BSD2 whilst digest.cabal says "BSD3"

Quoting Eirk de Castro Lopo:
> For the second issue, this is due to the machine readable cabal file
> format not accepting "BSD2" as a valid license. The solution I
> came up with for this was as suggestion to put the follow in
> the LICENSE file of the upstream package:
>
>     The following is the license for this package even though
>     the cabal file says BSD3. The cabal file is a machine readable
>     file and currently, the parser does not understand 'BSD2'.

Is that ok?

Thanks,