Re: Team maintenance

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 12.08.2009, 10:32 -0500 schrieb John Goerzen:
>> I'm starting to re-engage here after the birth of my second son last
>> month.
>
> I conclude that everything is going smooth with him, glad to hear!

Yes, quite well, and thanks!  Well, aside from me being low on sleep for
the normal baby reasons (waking up every 3 hours) :-)

>>  I wanted to check on two things:
>>
>> 1) Would everyone here be fine with it if I put the Haskell packages
>> for which I'm upstream author under team maintenance?
>
> I’m very fine with it. Would it be ok for your, for a more consistent
> set of packages, to have tarballs without a debian/ directory on
> hackage, and the Debian package with a non-native version number?

Yes, quite.  I've been slowly moving in that direction of late already.

I would not want my packages to be different in any way from what the
team does with other packages.  It would mean more work for everyone,
myself included, if they were.

-- John