Re: haskell-mmap

Trent W. Buck wrote:

> As they are needed for Darcs 2.3, I have had a go at packaging
> hashed-storage and its dependency, mmap.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/h/haskell-hashed-storage/haskell-hashed-storage_0.3.6-1.dsc

Just looking at that one, you probably want

    Standards-Version: 3.8.2

which suggests that you didn't run a recent lintian on it. When
preparing packages, I usually build them with:

    debuild -us -uc --lintian-opts -iI --color always

lintian is a great tool.

I couldn't build it because I'm missing a bunch of the dependencies.

> If people who are paying more attention and are more awake would list
> the steps I've missed (e.g. I probably haven't set Maintainer to this
> group yet), that'd be groovy.

For group maintained packages its probably best to put them in the the
DHG darcs repo.  See:

    http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint
    http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/Processes
    http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/DarcsBasic

Do you have a login on alioth? You don't need to be an official DD or
even a DM to get a login. Having that login and then being added to
the DHG, will allow you to commit to the darcs repo.

HTH,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/