Re: Any standards in packaging haskell libraries?

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs@mega-nerd.com> wrote:
Iustin Pop wrote:

> I still don't see this in sid, and neither an ITP for it. Are you
> planning to upload it, or is that package for your personal use only?

Iustin,

Are you (or Clifford) still planning to do an ITP for haskell-json?
If not, would you like me to do it?

Erik,

I have no plans to do it.  We have our own repository where we maintain our own tools with our own quirks at our own pace.

However, you are most welcome to swipe and upload our version of haskell-json (or anything else,) you will just have to be responsible for any changes required to make it work against the Debian repositories, satisfy lintian, etc.  We have built versions of our repository against Debian, but they are a bit stale, since we only actively use Ubuntu.

You can find the source for our packaging of haskell-json in the darcs repository: http://src.seereason.com/debian/json-debian/
That is just the debian directory. Our autobuilder configuration, which is a small Haskell program now, has the rest of the information and can be found here: http://src.seereason.com/autobuilder-config

The relevant clause:

   , Target { sourcePackageName = "haskell-json"
             , sourceSpec = "deb-dir:(uri:http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/json/0.4.3/json-0.4.3.tar.gz:1af33c67594f69048b69d4aeafeea03e):(darcs:http://src.seereason.com/debian/json-debian)"
             , relaxInfo = [] }

The deb-dir format specifies an upstream source and a downstream source (debian directory only) and assembles the two into one tree before building.

We're happy to answer questions,

Cliff
--
Clifford Beshers