Re: Any standards in packaging haskell libraries?

Iustin Pop wrote:

> I've tried looking around, but http://pkg-haskell.alioth.debian.org/
> seems empty, and google didn't return anything more specific than
> http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/haskellwiki/Creating_Debian_packages_from_Cabal_package

I use something a little like the first method on that page.

With the CDBS system and haskell-devscripts, packaging Haskell
libraries that use Cabal/Hackage has actually become trivially
easy if you have done any Debian packaging before.

I have recently packaged a couple of things, most of which are
still in the NEW queue, for instance:

    http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/haskell-uniplate_1.2.0.3-1.html

You can grab the various components for that from here:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/Debian/

I've now done quite a few and for most libraries, I can basically
roll a complete Debian package, lintian checked and pbuilder tested
in about 15 minutes.

There is even a program on Hackage to do this cabal-debian (?). I
had intended to package this too, but that package is depends on
Hackage packages Extra and Debian which depend on HaXml which is
currently broken in Debian.

I have emailed the HaXml maintainer (Arjan Oosting) offering to either
help or take over maintenance of that package.

Once cabal-debian is actually in Debian then documenting the process
should also be really easy :-).

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/