Re: GHC 6.10.1 uploaded to experimental

Em Sáb, 2009-01-31 às 12:40 +0100, Joachim Breitner escreveu:
> /me is waiting for amd64 packages as well...
>
> Someone could set up a private repository in the meanwhile to allow
> those on amd64 prepare new versions already – any volunteers?

I've build it, and it's available at:
http://debian.holoscopio.com/ghc6 .

I've got some problems with trying to remove some old packages after
installing ghc6-6.10.

(Reading database ... 142593 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing libghc6-svgcairo-dev ...
Removing libghc6-cairo-dev ...
ghc-pkg: cannot find package cairo-0.9.13
dpkg: error processing libghc6-cairo-dev (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
Reading package info from
"/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc6/lib/cairo-0.9.13/cairo.package.conf" ...
done.
ghc-pkg: Unversioned dependencies found: base
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
Removing libghc6-glib-dev ...
ghc-pkg: cannot find package glib-0.9.13
dpkg: error processing libghc6-glib-dev (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
Removing libghc6-mtl-dev ...
ghc-pkg: cannot find package mtl-1.1.0.0
dpkg: error processing libghc6-mtl-dev (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
 libghc6-cairo-dev
 libghc6-glib-dev
 libghc6-mtl-dev
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Press return to continue.

I think the problem here was that the package was installed with dpkg
-i, and the other were not removed before ghc6.  A solution to this
would be not to exit with an error from prerm when this kind of thing
happens, maybe using || true in the call to ghc-pkg.

What do you think?

Greetings.

--
marcot