Re: haskell-filepath and hlibrary.mk

Hi Joachim.

Em Qua, 2009-11-18 às 14:54 +0100, Joachim Breitner escreveu:
(...)
> the package haskell-filepath FTBFS, and I have problems getting it
> working with hlibrary.mk:
>
> It contains a package haskell-filepath-doc, which is a dummy package
> that Depends on libghc6-filepath-doc. But hlibrary.mk of course tries to
> build and install documentation for it, and I could not figure out a
> suitable way of preventing that. Any ideas? Should hlibrary.mk detect
> dummy packages?

I don't think so.

> Should it be possible to disable building a doc package?

I don't think so neither.

> Or how about introducing a DEB_HADDOCK_PACKAGE variable that defaults to
> libghc6-$(CABAL_PACKAGE)-doc and can be overriden in debian/rules?

I think this is a good option.  Or maybe it's time to create a standard
name for packages, which I propose to be libghc6-$(CABAL_PACKAGE)-DOC.
At first we would make hlibrary.mk build only in this format, and ask
maintainers to do their next upload using this standards.  We could also
warn the ftp team about this change, so that they could maybe treat
these packages faster in new.  What do you think?

Greetings.
(...)

--
marcot