Re: haskell-curl : FTBFS on alpha

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> That depends: If it is just a fact that non-32-bit stuff does not work
> on alpha,

The error message says:

    On Alpha, I can only handle 32 bytes of non-floating-point arguments to
    foreign export dynamic

which to me suggests that on Alpha, calls to a foriegn function can only
handle 32 bytes of arguments  (unless those args are floating  point
values), ie 8 * 32 bit (4 bytes) values or 4 * 64 bit values (8 bytes).

> Did you talk to any knowledgable upstream yet?

My email to haskell-cafe has gone un-answered.

I've also searched the upstream GHC bug tracker and found nothing.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/