Re: haskell-curl : FTBFS on alpha

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 09.09.2009, 08:04 +1000 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> > Am Dienstag, den 08.09.2009, 09:54 +1000 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> > > I've got this bug:
> > >
> > >     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=540877
> > >
> > > Any suggestions on how I might go about tackling this bug?
> >
> > since haskell-curl has never built on alpha, it is not a critical bug,
> > i.e. it won’t prevent transitions etc. Other than that, make sure
> > upstream knows about it and maybe write to haskell-cafe or some ghc
> > mailing list, maybe someone knows how to fix it.
>
> My haskell-curl bug and bugs 540879 and 541608 agains gtk2hs all
> seem related. In fact they it seems to be a ghc bug.
>
> Ok if I merge these and reassign to ghc6?

That depends: If it is just a fact that non-32-bit stuff does not work
on alpha, then it might not be a bug in the compiler, but rather in the
package trying to do so. Then it’s in the right place. If it ought to
work, at least theoretically, then you can reassign them, and add an
Affects pointing to your package.

In the end it does not make a big difference. The bug is not RC
critical, and what package it’s assigned to does not affect how fast
it’s being fixed :-)

Did you talk to any knowledgable upstream yet?