Re: [Haskell-cafe] haskelldb and Debian

Hi Justin,

Am Montag, den 07.09.2009, 12:51 -0700 schrieb Justin Bailey:

> I am maintaing the haskelldb package and it is definitely alive and
> well. I don't have a Debian install to test on, but I am glad to help
> get things compiling. See my detailed answers below:

Great to hear that. I’ll upgrade the haskelldb package 0.12 soon (or
someone else from the Debian Haskell Group), and package the
haskelldb-odbc-* packages.

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org>
> wrote:
>          * Are the haskelldb-hsql-* and haskelldb-dynamic packages
>         still
>         maintained? If so, is there a release expected soon? If not,
>         we will
>         have to remove these from Debian.
> These are not maintained any more.

Ok, I see no point in having these in Debian any more, and I’ll request
removal. Any objections someone?

>          * Without the hsql-* packages, the haskelldb package itself
>         is useless,
>         correct? So we need to package the hdbc series. Are these
>         maintained
>         actively?
> Yes, the haskelldb-hdbc is still maintained and will continue to be as
> much as I am able. I belive I updated at least haskelldb-hdbc and
> haskelldb-hdbc-postgres to work with the 2.0 release of HDBC.
>
> Like I said, I don't have a Debian install readily accessible to build
> these but I am glad to help. If need be, I am sure I can get a VM
> image and build myself but finding the time coudl be hard.

Don’t worry, as long as you make sure your packages build with the
latest ghc and appear on hackage, and are responsive about bug reports,
we are fully satisfied with you as the upstream developer :-)