Re: [Pkg-haskell-commits] darcs: haskell-curl: Depend on ghc6 >= 6.10.4. Distro -> unstable.

Hi Erik,

Am Mittwoch, den 29.07.2009, 07:49 +0000 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> Wed Jul 29 07:49:20 UTC 2009  Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd@mega-nerd.com>
>   * Depend on ghc6 >= 6.10.4. Distro -> unstable.
>   Ignore-this: 94330e6bd97670c182526860bdd1be90
>
>     M ./changelog -2 +3
>     M ./control -1 +1

I see you bumped the ghc6 build-dependency, but not the library
dependencies, and marked the package as ready to upload.

I’m wondering what you are trying to achieve: Do you just want to
trigger a rebuild? In that case, the best way is to send proper
givebacks and possible dep-waits to d-release. If the package is
uploaded as it is now, it would still fail to build on any architecture
where the new network library is not built yet (alpha, armel, sparc and
the mipsen at the time of writing).

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to Build-Depend on the „right“ version
for the libraries, because the exact versions differ between the
architectures, as you can see here:
https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=haskell-network

Or did I misunderstand what you are trying to do?