Packaging team (was: Re: NMUs?)

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 22:35 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> A team was proposed previously (I have made good experiences with the
> Debian Perl Group which I once started and then left when others did the
> work :-)), but general resonance was not great. I’m still in favor of
> such a team. Or maybe a haskell-packaging-wide NMU acceptance agreement
> for uploads that make the package installable and policy compliant
> again.
>
> Greetings,
> Joachim

Hi,

I've not contributed to debian-haskell before, but I would be more
inclined to do so were such a team structure in place. I'm an Ubuntu
developer and often take care of the Haskell stack over there. This
means that I sometimes come across bugs (filed two yesterday, which I
could have just fixed directly) or wish to upgrade to a new upstream -
work which I am willing to do in Debian, but currently cannot.

I've had excellent experiences working with other Debian teams for
close-knits sets of packages and have nothing but praise for this
development model. It seems to be the most efficient way to get things
done when sets of packages are intertwined as the Haskell ones are.

Library/application maintainers, what do you think?

Iain