Re: ANN: cabal-debian et el

On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 01:14:29PM +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> Attempting to Debianize QuickCheck2 from hackage resulted in an
> unmeetable dependency haskell-mtl-doc.  I suggest defaulting to
> "haskell-mtl-doc | libghc6-mtl-doc", at least for a blacklist of
> packages that are known to currently use the latter form.

You shouldn't be using either, directly.  Instead, for each file in a
-doc package that you are using, look up the package that it belongs
into.

The -doc packages' names don't necessarily match with the cabal
package names, if there are multiple versions of a library packaged at
the same time, like with quickcheck (if only quickcheck1 would get
through NEW).