Re: GHC 6.10.1 uploaded to experimental

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 28.01.2009, 06:55 +0000 schrieb Magnus Therning:
>> Just thought I'd report that ghc6-6.10.1+dfsg1 seems to build nicely on
>> amd64.
>
> Good to hear.
[..]
>> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
>> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
>> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${misc:Depends}
>
> misc:Depends is a substitution variable that is usually filled by some
> of the dh_* scripts in debian/rules. I think this warning just means
> that no script added something there, and can probably be ignored.

Then that is a confusing error message, to me it sounds more like the
control file contains a variable that is unknown to any of the dh_*
scripts run by debian/rules.  Still pretty minor though.

>> There still doesn't seem to be a package for amd64 in experimental,
>> which confuses me.  Where can I find out more about how experimental
>> works.
>> How come there's uncertainty for building on all platforms reported by
>> the buildsystem[2]?
>
> I'm a bit surprised about this as well. I guess you can ask on
> #debian-devel on OFTC, or as at experimental@buildd.debian.org. If you
> do, please tell me what you find out :-)

I've sent an email, I'll report if I get any answers.

>> Am I right in assuming that PTS[1] is the place to keep track of
>> progress?
>
> Yes, besides binNMUs, they are not reflected there.

However, binNMUs would turn up in my repo files anyway, so combining
aptitude and PTS will give me the full picture, right?

/M