Re: Problem with unregister

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 09.10.2008, 18:40 -0300 schrieb Marco Túlio Gontijo e
Silva:
> because of bug #484929[0], I got a patch[1] from Stefan Potyra[2] which,
> in case of failed-upgrade, would make it possible to unregister another
> version of the same package.  This seems to be useful in cases like the
> one related in the Ubuntu bug report[3], so I included it in my last
> version of gtk2hs[4].  But, one thing I wondered is about haskell-utils.
> I like the way it treats prerm and postinst, that is, calling
> register.sh and unregister.sh, but can't something like this bug happens
> with this approach?  I thought about calling ghc-pkg6 directly in this
> case only, but it seems strange to me to call a script that calls
> ghc-pkg6 in a case, and call it directly in another one.
>
> I made a patch[5] for it.  Please comment.
>
> Greetings.
>
> 0: http://bugs.debian.org/484928
> 1:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=10;filename=gtk2hs.patch;att=1;bug=501052
> 2: stefan.potyra@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
> 3: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk2hs/+bug/229489
> 4: http://marcot.iaaeee.org/gtk2hs
> 5: http://code.haskell.org/haskell-utils

haskell-devscripts does it in yet another way: Calling ghc-pkg directly,
but ignoring failed-upgrades.

Now, I don’t believe that there is any reason for having more than one
way of handling these in Debian. Therefore I’d strongly suggest to:
 * Agree on one variant
 * Put it in haskell-devscripts and use that package in haskell-utils.

This makes there that for each task, there is only one piece of code
used in Debian. What do you think?

PS: gtk2hs is being built right now.