Re: Problem with unregister

Op donderdag 09-10-2008 om 18:40 uur [tijdzone -0300], schreef Marco
Túlio Gontijo e Silva:
> because of bug #484929[0], I got a patch[1] from Stefan Potyra[2] which,
> in case of failed-upgrade, would make it possible to unregister another
> version of the same package.  This seems to be useful in cases like the
> one related in the Ubuntu bug report[3], so I included it in my last
> version of gtk2hs[4].  But, one thing I wondered is about haskell-utils.
> I like the way it treats prerm and postinst, that is, calling
> register.sh and unregister.sh, but can't something like this bug happens
> with this approach?  I thought about calling ghc-pkg6 directly in this
> case only, but it seems strange to me to call a script that calls
> ghc-pkg6 in a case, and call it directly in another one.

Just noticed that bug #498393[0] is also related to this, which made me
think it really should be included in haskell-utils.  And this inclusion
justifies better the creation of a new version of the scripts, so I just
created a new package[1].  What do you think about it?

If it's ok, can you upload it, Joachim?

Greetings.

0: http://bugs.debian.org/498393
1: http://code.haskell.org/debian/binary/haskell-utils/