Debian on Zaurus works, what now?

Hello,

after reading the stuff on http://pocketworkstation.org/
I installed Debian on my SD card.  With neither the Crow
ROM nor OZ 3.3.5 I was able to start the VNC X server (or
was it the FB VNC viewer? I don't remember), but with OZ
3.2 it works fine.  Some problems and questions:

- I can suspend the system via the menu entry in IceWM,
  but the system is dead afterwards.  I have to reset.

- I cannot switch between Debian and OZ, but maybe I
  just didn't understand how to do this.

- I would like to install more software using apt-get.
  Is sarge the correct distribution?  Is it save to
  apt-get upgrade?

- Is it possible to install (and run!) python-gtk2 apps
  on Debian/Zaurus?

- Is there a complete GPE (http://gpe.handhelds.org/)
  for Debian/Zaurus apt-getable?  I would GPE prefer
  over OPIE and switch completely sooner or later.

Cheers, WB