RE: Debian on Zaurus status?

> > As it says on the page, I don't have time to work on it right now
> > (even less now than then), and volunteers are more than welcome.
> >
> > I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use a different kernel;
> > probably any of the OZ kernels should work, and they give
> you a range
> > of options for dividing up your memory.
>
> Thanks for the swift response. I shall have a look and test a
> 2.4.18 kernel with it whenever I have some time.

I don't think that any of the OZ kernels above 2.4.6 are ready to be
used, though they are in development and source for them can be
downloaded (that said the development is going very slowly due to a lack
of participants AFAICT).

I doubt that you'd be able to use the standard Sharp 3.1x ROM kernel
(2.4.18) without making major changes to the initrd.bin image.

Simon