Re: More questions about debian on Zaurus

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 04:52:36PM +0100, enpsgp@bath.ac.uk wrote:

> A couple of questions:
>
> What do I mount to access my MMC card? Or is this not possible yet? CF works
> fine.

You need to load the (non-free, binary-only) kernel module.

> Am I supposed to have a desktop of sorts? I get the X terminal, and I see
> that matchbox is running (I assumed that this is a window manager), but
> when I close the X term I have to soft reset because I can't do anything
> else.

This is the current state of affairs.  A basic menu for use with matchbox
would not be difficult to set up, but currently I have no time to work on
it.

> If I'm wrong about the above, what should I install (with apt-get over the
> net I assume) so that I have a useable system. Sorry I'm new to Debian
> (and fairly new to Linux in general).
>
> I assume work is needed/proceeding on this. Can I help?

If you are new to Linux and Debian, this project is probably not ready for
you yet.  But, if you would like to start trying to improve the system as a
way to learn, that would be great.

--
 - mdz