Re: OZ (Zaurus) and debian....

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 12:58:23PM +0100, Simon Pickering wrote:
> I read that OZ and everything bar the modified Crow ROM are now not
> supported for running the debian-chroot system (K. Weidner's).

Due to lack of time currently, I wasn't really able to support any
configuration at the moment :-(

I have reports from people running Debian successfully on the following
platforms though:

	SL-5500 w/ original Sharp ROM
	SL-5500 w/ Crow ROM (original or modified)
	SL-5500 w/ OZ
	SL-C700/750/760 w/ original ROM
	SL-C7x0 w/ OZ (uncertain)

Also, I'm running a native Debian (using pivot_root and not chroot),
dual-bootable with Qtopia, on my SL-5000D and SL-C750.

> Firstly might I be able to get it working again? I certainly had a
> useable system a while back (version <10 I think), but now I have errors
> about not being able to open pseudo-ttys which makes life a little
> difficult. If not, does someone have the last OZ useable version of the
> tgz file somewhere I can download it?

For some reason the pseudo ttys aren't being created properly inside the
chroot - if you create them manually, you should be fine:

	cd /dev
	for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
	do
		mknod ttyp$i c 3 $i
		mknod ptyp$i c 2 $i
	done

> I currently have the ancient version of XFree86 (originally from
> sourceforge) and IceWM installed, but would like debian (or even the
> iPAQ style X) so that I can install things and automatically sort out
> dependencies. Perhaps I can do this with what I've got, I don't know.

You should be able to run the current version. If you have trouble
getting it working, feel free to mail me or the list.

-Klaus