Re: how to build customized inird.bin ?

Hello Peter,

[ A note to everyone: when posting, *please* specify what handheld model
and software versions you're talking about - there's a whole bunch of
different architectures and ROMs being worked on... ]

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 12:58:08PM +0200, Peter Hermsdorf wrote:
> i just tried the provided inird.bin with debian and it worked.
>
> i would like to create a customized version of the image file. are there
> somewhere a bunch of scipts/makefiles that compiles the sources and
> creates the initrd.bin image file ?

Matt already answered you with information for the initrd.bin that he
built - but in case you were referring to my modified crow+debian ROM
that uses a root FS on an SD disk instead, here's some info on that one:

    http://www.w-m-p.com/software/pocketworkstation/crow+deb-rom-20030303.zip

Briefly, I just took the Crow ROM, mounted it using loopback mount:

    mount initrd.bin /mnt/tmp -t cramfs -o loop

Then I copied the contents of /mnt/tmp, made the changes I needed, and
used mkcramfs to pack them into a cramfs again.

-Klaus