Re: re : Opie packages

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 08:37:07AM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:

> dz-* is probably not the best as this is not Zaurus specific.

Definitely.

> do-* is good.  pda-opie-* just sounds like we are adding too much to the
> package name...we'll end up with things like
> pda-opie-tinykate-syntax-miscdev  which to me just seems way too long.
>
> I personally thing that we need to replace opie- with a single short name.

As long as it's not "dopie". :-)

> op- (IMO) is not too far from opie- as it sounds the same.  :)  (At least
> in English it does. hehe)

This isn't a Debian-specific problem, and it might make more sense for the
upstreams to fight^Wwork this out between themselves, then we can follow
their convention.

I may be the only one who actually has packages from both of these source
packages installed on my system, though.

--
 - mdz