Re: new opie build up for testing

> Upstream we are currently moving files too, away form the TT /opt stuff more
> to a debian like installation ( /usr )

boy do I have a patch for you.  :)  actually I'm almost done with a patch
to send to whoever at Opie which takes alot of hardcoded values and
centralizes them (pathing that is)...it's going to need some tweaks beyond
what I'm doing but it should help.

> >was probably the best thing to follow.
>
> Good idea, keeps support easier if people come asking which packages does
> what.

package naming is a pain in the ass.  Especially since there is a opie package
that already exists (opie is the source name and they have a libopie-dev)..
it's the one time password stuff.  Plus with multiple possible versions of
these packages (fb or x11 based).  I have most of these with a -qte extension..
maybe I should change them to a -fb extension instead....

> We just changed package name to match debian naming sheme more closely ( like
> qt2-embedded -> libqt2-emb etc)
>
> The current packages are supposed to stay like that until Opie I release.

heh...the new qt/e2 packages have been renamed...still waiting for them to
get out of New status.  The new naming scheme better follows polciy.

libqte2  + libqte-mt2  (ie, library name+soname)

> or maybe a fb section. For all apps that are not ascii, not X11 but fb ( there
> are some more apps in debian which fullfill that requirement).
>
> Thanks a lot for packaging Opie. If there is anything we can do in cvs ( like
> adding debian dirs *cough* .-) ) let me know.
>
> One question: which qt do you build against?

the offical ones. :)    I'm the Qt/Embedded maintainer as well for Debian.
Gives me an advantage over others...hehe

the deb apt line I posted will give you the almost latest until they finally
get out of New and get installed.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II