Re: just a little Opie status...

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 05:04:24PM -0700, Chris Larson wrote:

> Its not simply a matter of arch, there are options specific to the
> machine in question we're targeting, hence those options.

Indeed, so what we really want for Debian is those options only, e.g. Zaurus
or iPAQ.  Builds will always be done natively for the target platform (no
cross-compilation).

>From my brief look, it seemed that the architecture selection was determined
by the target platform, which is nice, but we'll need to be able to override
it or something.

How much is different between Zaurus and iPAQ?  We'll likely want to provide
packages for both where appropriate.

--
 - mdz