just a little Opie status...

Hey all,  since we have a new list I figured I'd at least give a status
update on what I've been working on.  I've done ITP's for qtopia and opie
since nobody had done so yet...plus I've been bored. :)  I had done qtopia
first but have found that the build process is fubard so I stepped back from
it and took a look at Opie.  While it did not build directly using straight
out of the Debian box packages following their instructions allowed me to
modify the Debian Qt/Embedded packages to take care of this.  These new
packages have been uploaded and should show up soon and filter through the
buildd's.    I'm sure that Qt/Embedded will need more tweaks as time goes
on.

As for Opie.  It builds... at least on my x86 system.  I'm currently breaking
it out into smaller packages.  We'll need to figure out what the final
pakcage layout will be but I'll need help with that.  As it is now I'm just
breaking it out based on the source tree grouping of the binaries....
opie-net, opie-multimedia, opie-core, etc...

Anyways, I should have it all cleaned up in the next day or so for review.
At that point in time I'll upload it somewhere for people to take a look
at and help point out bugs/flaws/or anything else that needs to be changed.

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II