From: Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>
Sent: Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2023 11:51
To: Haehnel, Dirk (GE HealthCare) <Dirk.Haehnel@ge.com>
Cc: debian-hams@lists.debian.org
Subject: EXT: Re: jtdx hamlib error, Invalid parameter while setting PTT on

WARNUNG: Diese E-Mail stammt von außerhalb von GE. Bitte überprüfen Sie die E-Mail-Adresse des Absenders, bevor Sie auf Links oder Anhänge klicken, da diese möglicherweise nicht sicher sind.

Re: Haehnel, Dirk (GE HealthCare)
> Hello Debian Ham Team,
>
> After I update JTDX to version 2.2.159 I can't longer use it useful anymore. Because when I execute "ENABLE TX" with Ham software JTDX version 2.2.159 I get error message "Hamlib error: Invalid parameter while setting PTT on."  My settings are in radio PTT Method "VOX" and Rig "none" so I did use before the update successfully. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 650m, 32bit ix86 with operator system MXLinux based on Debian. Rig is a Yaesu FT-757GX with SignalLink USB interface. WSJT-X, on the other hand works perfectly. Is there still a possibility to download an older JTDX version which is suitable for Debian ix86 32bit machines. A other point is on my new Dell Latitude with 64bit, amd64 it works fine. Maybe a JTDX 32bit issue? Thanks in advance. I like JTDX.

Hi Dirk,

which hamlib version is that?

I don't exactly know how to debug the jtdx-hamlib interaction. For wsjtx the steps are these:

  Then if you still have the problem...
  Please place this file as described below
  https://www.dropbox.com/s/t52ngcalsgnpm8m/wsjtx_log_config.ini?dl=0

      C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-X
      The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be in the same location

  For Linux put it in
      ~/.config
      The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be here:
      ~/.local/share/WSJT-X

  For MacOS put it in
      /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences

  Restart WSJT-X and duplicate the problem.
  Shut down WSJT-X

  Then send me the WSJT-X_RigControl.log file
  Mike W9MDB

Since jtdx is based on wsjtx, perhaps you can get that to work for jtdx as well and post the file here.

Or perhaps just move to Debian on amd64.

73,
Christoph DF7CB