Re: Meta pkgs

Are you able to provide any further information regarding your configuration/system/OS?

I can’t currently reproduce your issue in a clean install of Debian testing - by default in Debian, apt installs recommends which is why we don’t explicitly suggest it on the website. This may not hold true for derivative systems like Mint etc.

This is also how debian med builds their metapackages, so we’re not treading particularly  unusual ground in the blends space.

Is it possible you have an apt.conf or file in apt.conf.d that is preventing this at a system level? If memory serves me correctly, this is what armbian does by default and was the issue behind a similar query in the last few months.

Cheers
Hibby