getting soundmodem bug 1014017 fix merged

Hi,

I submitted a patch for soundmodem a while ago: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1014017 and would love to see it merged. I am happy to submit a github PR if that will help although there's already a patch file in the bug report.

I tried to submit an upstream fix: https://gitlab.com/tsailer/soundmodem/-/merge_requests/3 but, unfortunately and not surprisingly, Thomas has not responded to that.

I know about Direwolf but have concluded that soundmodem is still the way to go as it is a much more compact approach to creating a properly shareable Kernel AX.25 device.

I am happy to just run from my own local source but feel this patch will actually help those who want a much lighter weight approach to having an easy soundmodem, which I've been using for many years. Notably, this patch enables using the DINAH USB sound  device which includes GPIO PTT support -- which is the crux of the bugfix.

Please let me know how I can help make this happen (or otherwise help).

73 de N2YGK
https://github.com/n2ygk