Re: Interested in joining Debian Hams to help from time to time

Hi Martin,

Re: Martin Herren
> Despite my little spare time I'd be interested from time to time to
> contribute back to Debian and amateur radio related packages might be a
> good starting point. I don't have much spare time so I don't know what the
> best approach would be. Probably there could be specific tasks/bugs I could
> help with from time to time. I'd be interested in learning more about
> Debian packaging as well.

There are no formal tasks that we could hand out, you have to find
something yourself.

Usually people start by doing something that's their personal
interest. Perhaps there is a package that you are using that has a bug
or is missing a feature you'd like. Or go through the list of open
bugs in that package and check if they still apply (and then mail
"yes/no" to the bug so others know).

> I'm the author of QrssPiG https://gitlab.com/hb9fxx/qrsspig for which I
> neither have much time but is still maintained and improved for over 5
> years.

Is that something that would be interesting to have in Debian?

73,
Christoph DF7CB