Re: Greetings Linux Hams

Re: Daniel West
> My name is Daniel, and I recently stumbled on your group. I was looking
> into ways to contribute to Debien (specifically I was on the documentation
> page) and found the hamradio-handbook repository which led me here.
>
> I am a previous US navy submarine radioman, a current ham radio operator,
> and work as a system engineer in a hospitals IT department. I have been a
> Linux user for many years, specifically on Debian and Debian based distros.
> I am a very amateur programmer, dabbled in C, C++, Python, and HTML/CSS.
>
> I would love the opportunity to contribute anyway I can to this community!
> It is indeed the marriage of two of my passions, amature radio and Linux.

Hi Daniel,

welcome!

Most things we do in the Debian Hams team are actually generic Debian
tasks: packaging, bug triaging, bug fixing. There is also some
documentation as you have seen, but it's not quite the focus.

https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-hams@lists.debian.org

There aren't that many bugs open, but one way to get started could be
to go through some of them and leave "this does no longer/still apply"
notes.

Oh and of course, if you have something that you would like to
package, we are here to help.

73,
Christoph DF7CB