Re: Request to Update Gpredict Repository

Re: Nicholas DeCicco
> I say all of this just to say that I am not sure if perhaps our
> contributions are considered undesirable changes to the program, or if
> the developers are just too busy to respond. So, I am wondering if we
> may need to make a PPA to release our fork until such time that some or
> all of our changes might get merged.

Hi Nicholas,

I understand your frustration if some upstream project is moving slow.
However, we can't fix that on the Debian side. If we start
cherry-picking changes from across several sources, things will get
very time-consuming to maintain, and frankly, Gpredict isn't one of
the programs I'm using primarily where that might make sense.

> Since it's been a little while, we could try to re-initiate contact
> with the gpredict developers and perhaps we'd have better luck this
> time around.

I'd suggest trying that, yes. If you instead decide to fork the
project, Debian might follow that fork, but someone needs to put in
the hard work of creating curated releases ("git tag" in today's
technology).

Christoph