Re: kg-stv on bullseye

On Wed, 2022-02-16 at 14:34 -0800, David Ranch wrote:

> I assume you're trying to run this kg-stv program via WINE since the
> best I can tell, it's only available for Windows.  Looking at it a bit
> deeper, this program is released from
> http://www.wells10000.plus.com/m5aml/kg-stv.htm and the last release was
> v1.01 back in 2010.  I would argue that anything run under WINE should
> be a WINE forum discussion only since it's not a LInux application and
> any incorrect function would need to be addressed by the WINE and/or
> kg-stv application teams.

I agree but since I have looked at all WINE forums and tried everything I found
considering sound in WINE, I thought maybe is something debian specific issue.
Maybe a package dependency??? Or something else.

> Btw, since this program is 12 years old, one
> needs to assume it's abandoned and there isn't much point in trying to
> get things fixed.
>
> You might consider using actively maintained SSTV software like Qsstv
> which is a native LInux application:
>
>     http://users.telenet.be/on4qz/index.html
>
> --David
> KI6ZHD

I totally agree with you but ARISS decided to use this software for an
experiment on February 20 and I thought maybe I would try it.

Apostolos
SV1LJJ