Re: More uniformity in .desktop files

Re: Daniele Forsi
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to display categories and keywords and you can find here an
> HTML table and a CSV file:
> https://forsi.it/debian/packages/desktop-files/
>
> There are at least 2 errors among the keywords:
>
> 1)
> in /usr/share/applications/gsmc.desktop the "Keywords=" part is present twice:
> Keywords=Keywords=Ham Radio;Antenna;RF;Impedence;Calculator;
>
> 2)
> in /usr/share/applications/grig.desktop there is a space before
> "Remote radio" and it's the only one that uses a comma instead of a
> semicolon:
> Keywords=HamRadio, Remote radio
>
> however,the specs say "multiple values should be separated by a semicolon"
>  https://specifications.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s04.html
> I have no idea about the leading space
>

> There are some keywords that maybe could be uniformed:
> Ham
> Ham Radio
> HamRadio
> Hamradio
> ham
> hamradio

Hi Daniele,

thanks for looking at this. As said in the twclock thread, I'm not
using .desktop files, so I cannot say which of these are real issues
and not just syntax details, but we should try to get them fixed.

Do you want git access on https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team ?
Though we should also try to avoid having to carry these around as
patches forever, so submitting upstream is probably even more
important.

73,
Christoph DF7CB