More uniformity in .desktop files

Hello,

I'm looking at .desktop files of applications maintained by debian
hams and there are some cases where we could have more similar
categories.
For example look at the following applications:

CubicSDR ['DataVisualization', 'HamRadio', 'Science']
CuteSdr ['HamRadio', 'Tuner', 'Utility']
Fldigi ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Gqrx ['HamRadio', 'Network']
qthid-2.2 ['HamRadio', 'Tuner', 'Utility']
qthid ['HamRadio', 'Tuner', 'Utility']
Quisk ['HamRadio', 'Tuner', 'Utility']

I think that at least CuteSdr and Quisk aren't "Utility" and all of
them have tuner functionality.
Removing the "Utility" category would reduce that submenu which is so big.
There isn't a "Tuner" submenu at least in Xfce4 and in KDE, but I
guess that it could exist in a different desktop environment because
it is an "Additional Category" listed at
https://specifications.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apas02.html

Here is the list of the .desktop files installed on my Debian testing
system which contain the HamRadio category, do you see some
application missing:

CHIRP ['HamRadio', 'Utility']
comptext ['HamRadio', 'Network']
comptty ['HamRadio', 'Network']
CQRLOG ['HamRadio', 'Network']
CubicSDR ['DataVisualization', 'HamRadio', 'Science']
CuteSdr ['HamRadio', 'Tuner', 'Utility']
Dire Wolf ['HamRadio', 'Network']
ebook2cw ['Audio', 'HamRadio']
fccexam ['Education', 'HamRadio']
flamp ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Flarq ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Fldigi ['HamRadio', 'Network']
flmsg ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Flrig ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Flwrap ['HamRadio', 'Network']
FreeDV ['Audio', 'AudioVideo', 'GNOME', 'GTK', 'HamRadio']
glfer ['HamRadio', 'Utility']
GNU Radio Companion ['Development', 'HamRadio', 'Science']
Gpredict ['Astronomy', 'Education', 'HamRadio', 'Network', 'Science']
Gqrx ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Grig ['Audio', 'HamRadio']
GTK Smith Chart Calculator ['Education', 'HamRadio']
hamexam ['Education', 'HamRadio']
KLog ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Linpsk ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Message Aggregator ['Audio', 'AudioVideo', 'HamRadio']
nec2c ['HamRadio', 'Network', 'X-HamRadio-Antennas']
psk31lx ['Audio', 'AudioVideo', 'ConsoleOnly', 'HamRadio']
PyQSO ['HamRadio', 'Utility']
qrq ['Audio', 'HamRadio']
QSSTV ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Qtel ['Application', 'HamRadio', 'Network', 'Qt']
qthid-2.2 ['HamRadio', 'Tuner', 'Utility']
qthid ['HamRadio', 'Tuner', 'Utility']
Quisk ['HamRadio', 'Tuner', 'Utility']
TrustedQSL ['Application', 'HamRadio', 'Utility']
Tucnak ['HamRadio', 'Network']
twclock ['HamRadio', 'Utility']
twpsk ['HamRadio', 'Network']
wsjtx ['Audio', 'AudioVideo', 'HamRadio']
Xastir ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Xdx ['HamRadio', 'Network']
Xlog ['Database', 'GTK', 'HamRadio', 'Utility']

What surprises me is that psk31lx and wsjtx appear under the
Multimedia menu of desktop environments because they have the Audio
and AudioVIdeo categories and many radio applications appear under the
Internet menu because they have the Network category.

>From that list is missing xnec2 because it hasn't got the HamRagio
category which nec2c has.

The .desktop files of nec2 and xnec2 could be more similar, I wonder
if it's worth it because nec2 can be started from the menu but it
isn't usable because there is no way to set the input and the output
files or stidin/stdout

Some applications have a full path in the .desktop file:
PyQSO /usr/bin/pyqso
Qtel /usr/bin/qtel
Grig /usr/bin/grig
Xdx /usr/bin/xdx
Tucnak /usr/bin/tucnak
nec2c /usr/bin/nec2c
Dire Wolf /usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator -e direwolf
KLog /usr/bin/klog
CuteSdr /usr/bin/CuteSdr

--
73 de IU5HKX Daniele