aprx start at boot

Greetings folks,

I have aprx installed (sudo apt-get install aprx) and started it manually
'/etc/init.d/aprx start'.  All worked wonderfully and config is solid.
After I finished with an update, I rebooted the computer and that's when I realized aprx didn't automatically restart.  I searched online for startup instructions and found I needed to modify /etc/default/aprx:
#
# Additional options that are passed to the Daemon.
#
STARTAPRX="yes"
DAEMON_OPTS=""

However, this isn't working.  What step am I missing?

TU & 73
Wishing you well
Jaye Inabnit, ke6sls