Re: Sound card issue?

Hello Miroslav,

If I understand correctly, nothing changed on your setup except the operating system?  That generally doesn't sound right and I'd recommend to look at the hardware side of things first and work your way up.  Can you connect a set of headphones into into the radio's audio out jack and confirm you still can hear expected demodulated audio?  This will confirm a lot of basics.  After that, maybe you can do some live playback of audio as heard from your souncard.  Something like this would work assuming you substitute in the correct sound card values and connect your headphones to the appropreate soundcard output:

arecord -D plughw:CARD=Device,DEV=0 -t wav -f S16_LE -r 48000 -d 10 - | \
aplay -Dplughw:CARD=Device,DEV=0 -

Ps.  I don't know why you oped to installed Debian 8.x aka.. Jessie but as mainline security updates ended back on June 2018.  It's only receiving critical (but much slower) security updates through June 2020.  Since you're starting with a new OS, why not start with something that will have the longest life?  That would be Debian Buster.

--David
KI6ZHD