Re: packaging of SoapySDR in Debian

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 10:43:45PM +1000, russm wrote:
> Hi Andreas and debian-hams,
>
> Thanks for packaging SoapySDR in Debian! I see that the soapyhackrf
> ITP is still open, and that there is no ITP for SoapyRemote or
> SoapyUHD. I currently hand-install Soapy including these components,
> but would love to see them included in Debian.

Originally I mentioned that I will package all the hardware support
modules in the libsoapysdr ITP, then I decided that I should ITP them
separately. These four were the first batch and I will continue with the
rest.

So basically, I'm on it as time permits. Since right now I only own some
rtlsdr hardware I don't care in which order I package the rest, so I
might as well do requests. SoapyUHD and SoapyRemote will have priority
then.

> I've noticed that out of the box, uhd-soapysdr_0.3.1_amd64.deb built
> from the SoapyUHD repo installs libsoapySupport.so in
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/uhd/modules/, but libuhd expects to find it
> in /usr/share/uhd/modules/. I'm currently working around this mismatch
> by setting UHD_MODULE_PATH in my environment, but these packages
> should agree about the install location for UHD hardware drivers.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind and look out for it when packaging.

Andreas