Re: fldigi audio configuration.

On Παρ, 2016-06-17 at 09:34 -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
> I'm getting back to ham radio after many years of absence. I'm running
> an Elecraft K3, PSK31 mode, with a Signalink USB sound card feeding into
> fldigi under Debian Wheezy.

First of all I would recommend to install Debian Jessie instead of
Wheezy (which is too old) if this is possible.
> My question concerns fldigi audio configuration. Because I happen to
> have PulseAudio installed, I checked Pulse Audio in fldigi audio
> configuration. However, it asks for the sound server string. $ echo
> $PULSE_SERVER returns nothing. How do I obtain the string's value?

You don't need any server string except on very special situations, like
remote audio server.

> Pavucontrol shows fldigi playback on and fldigi capture from. My K3
> receiver is set to 14.070.15 and fldigi is set to 14070.00.

If you are not controlling K3 through fldigi (flrig, hamlib, etc) then
its OK.

> The sound
> from the K3 speaker sounds like I might be getting some signals and the
> noise produces an occasional random character in fldigi's Rx field, but
> so far no waterfall. That is, I choose default PAL to be dark blue, but
> waterfall area is black

Open pavucontrol, go to "Input Devices" and select the correct "Port"
where you have connected K3

> . I'm not sure my magnetic loop antenna still
> functions after years exposed to the elements.
>
> Haines Brown (KB1GRM)

73 de sv1ljj