Re: digital modes using debian

On 02/06/16 18:28, David wrote:

> I am new to digital modes and is wondering where I can get more
> info/resources on how to set up my debian box to do, in terminal mode
> only, do things like packet, RTTY, PSK31

You are going to have trouble finding up to date software to do all that
without running X of some sort.

> I will most likely be using something like a SignalLink USB TNC

A "SignaLink USB" is *not* a TNC, it's just a USB soundcard and some VOX
circuitry. You can still use it for packet, but you will need a software
TNC like Direwolf.

73, Colin G8TMV

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1223 830814  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x38C9D903

Don't mess with Murphy.