Re: ax25-apps, ax25-tools, libax25

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 07:42:15PM +0100, Thomas Osterried wrote:
> > we have tried to get the current version into debian jessie before it's freeze for the upcoming releases.
> > But unfortunately it was too late: the debian maintainer were too busy with more important projects.

Ok, ax25-* are probably the most important packet mode packages we have, so
now things are becoming more stable, I think I'm happy to backport these
once we've packaged the newer versions in testing so that they can be
available in jessie-backports.

> > Personaly, I recomment to use the git head.
> > The "rc"-Versions on the ftp-server were quite old and have bugs which
> > are already fixed. We have made a new release candidate, but during
> > that, we found other problems to be fixed; thus we did not put them on
> > the ftp server.
> >
> > Currently we've some patches on our roadmap and have planned a bug
> > squashing sessing in the next week.

I'm away next week at MiniDebConf, but if you can squash some bugs and make
an rc or a release upload, I'll package it all in Debian testing the
following week.

I'd rather not backport a package based on a git commit, it really would
have to be a tagged "release".

If you're able to comment on any of the bugs we have in Debian, that would
also be great:

https://bugs.debian.org/ax25-apps
https://bugs.debian.org/ax25-tools
https://bugs.debian.org/libax25

> > After this (and testing) I'd like to contact the debian maintainer,
> > asking for packaging. It's in my own deep interest, because I'm a debian
> > fan.

Conveniently, I am the Debian Maintainer.

> > Sorry for the delay. Work, flu, other ham events kept me right busy..

No problem. I'm pretty busy myself at the moment. I can always find time,
just never know when I'm going to find it.

Thanks,
Iain.