Re: Dream packaging

On 05/11/14 08:21, Julian Cable wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Iain Learmonth pointed me in this direction. I'm (very slowly) getting
> Dream (drm.sourceforge.net) into Debian. I've got it to package.

Welcome!

> I've registered as an Alioth user and requested to join
> here: https://nm.debian.org/public/newnm

If this is your first work in Debian then it's probably too early to
apply in the NM system, they like to see a solid history of working with
Debian first.

> I guess I should be using your project's git repository for my packaging
> work? If I could join that would be great.

It's optional, but a good idea if you want peer review.

> The other thing I should probably do is to add new binary packages to
> the faad2 and faac Debian packages to create the DRM capable shared
> libraries. Later.

Talk to the existing maintainers first, but also note that those
packages are not maintained by the Ham Radio team but by the Multimedia
team.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1223 830814  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x38C9D903