Re: dump1090 in Debian

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 09:56:16AM -0400, Matthew Ernisse wrote:
> I rebuilt the git repository as you suggested and pushed it up over my
> previous work.  I also compressed the debian/changelog entries so we are
> back to just -1.

This all looks good. I can confirm it builds for me using git-pbuilder so
you've got all the build dependencies correct.

Lintian does make complaints regarding d/copyright.

I: dump1090 source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright
rtl-sdr/rtl-sdr_export.c (paragraph at line 39)
I: dump1090 source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright
rtl-sdr/rtl-sdr.h (paragraph at line 43)
I: dump1090 source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at
line 39
I: dump1090 source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at
line 43

I've also noticed two more files that may need to be fixed for the DFSG
repack.

 * dump1090-win.1.09.0608.14.zip - definitely needs to be removed
 * testfiles/modes1.bin - no idea what this is, if it's a dump of ADS-B data
   used as part of a test suite, then that's fine. If it's a binary
   containing executable code, then source will need to be included.

The closing of the ITP bug should happen in the first release that enters
Debian, so you'll need to move that in the changelog.

Once these things are fixed, I'll take an in depth look for any last things
and then pass it on to Colin who, if he doesn't find any problems, will be
able to sponsor the upload.

Thanks,
Iain.

--