Re: dump1090 in Debian

Good Morning Iain,

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 01:51:26AM +0100, Iain R. Learmonth said unto me:
> (Please let me know if you're subscribed to the list so I can stop CC'ing
> you.)

I am now.

> I don't seem to be able to build a package from your git repository. For
> git-buildpackage to work it requires a certain structure. Also, the first
> version into the Debian archives should be -1. I know there will be
> revisions as you build packages, but the Debian revision number should only
> be incremented when a new version is uploaded to the archives.

I rebuilt the git repository as you suggested and pushed it up over my
previous work.  I also compressed the debian/changelog entries so we are
back to just -1.

> chgrp scm_pkg-hamradio -R /git/pkg-hamradio/dump1090.git

Done.

> Pushing changes to upstream is good. Have you had any luck with contacting
> upstream yet?

I have not heard anything back from the e-mail address in the source so I
went ahead and backported a bunch of patches into a branch on github last
night and submitted a pull request.  He seems to be fairly active on
github so I have some hope of a response.

--Matt

--
Matthew Ernisse
E-Mail: mernisse@ub3rgeek.net