Re: Should z8530-utils2 be removed?

On 09/05/14 00:43, Patrick Ouellette wrote:
I haven't tried the USCC with a multiple core CPU but, finding a modern mobo
with ISA slots is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Potential users of z8530-utils need to be aware of the smp problem.
Disabling smp at boot did not work for me.

Not an inexpensive board, but
http://www.amazon.com/MB-P4BWA-Industrial-Motherboard-ISA-Slots/dp/B004HLOQH6
is a board with ISA, PCI, PCI-Expressx4, and PCI-Expressx16 slots that supports
LGA755 socket processors in the Core 2 Quad, Duo and Pentium D families.

73,

Pat NE4PO

Thanks Pat,

Perhaps I should have said "affordable" modern mobo. I've located a number of new mobos with an ISA slot (or more) but they're all well above my "hobby" price tag.

The other gotcha is the mobo must support older single core cpu's to avoid the IRQ conflict previously mentioned.

Ray vk2tv