Re: wsjtx_1.0.r3323-2_amd64.changes REJECTED

Your email arrived just in time. I am just now trying to package wsjtx
1.1 (i.e. the 3rd version to be packaged).

> Your debian/ tarball contains a file created with inkscape but the
> corresponding source is not present:     debian\wsjtx.png contains "Software.www.inkscape.org"

The upstream source supplies wsjt.ico (wsjt was the original branch
that wsjtx was derived from).
I used inkscape to make wsjtx.png from wsjt.ico
I do not know where to put new binary files within a package, so I put
it in debian/wsjtx.png and then debian/install puts it in
/usr/share/pixmaps/

>         <http://lintian.debian.org/tags/hardening-no-relro.html>

This URL was helpful, but when I use the hardening-wrapper approach,
wsjtx crashes immediately on startup with a seg fault. I am unsure how
to proceed.

> Please replace "Simplified BSD" with "BSD-2-clause" per DEP5.

OK, I assume you meant literally "BSD-2-clause".

> You seem to have mis-filed some copyrights:

OK, 3 of the copyright entries have been corrected, and the 4th file
is no longer present in the latest version.

> Mostly out of personal curiosity, can you explain what debian\130418_1742.wav is?

It is a sample input data sound file, so that the wsjtx application
can be tested without actually acquiring new data from a radio feeding
the soundcard. The author did not check in the .wav file to the svn
repository, but he wanted me to include it in the package.  I do not
know where to put new binary files within a package, so I put it in
debian/130418_1742.wav and then debian/install puts it in
/usr/share/wsjtx/.wsjtx/save/Samples/ and it is later copied to
~/.wsjtx/save/Samples/ where the wsjtx application can select it.

> Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
> your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
> concerns.

I appreciate your help.

-John Nogatch