Re: Comments regarding unixcw_3.1.0-2_amd64.changes

On 03.07.2012 23:42, Luca Falavigna wrote:
Hi,

I'm holding your upload for a while because it introduces a little transition
(libcw3-dev ->  libcw4-dev) which should be approved by the Release Team first.
Please get in touch with them to see whether it's fine to process unixcw.

Cheers,
Luca

Hi!

Just some information for interested parties:

As far as I know the only Debian packages that depends on libcw3/4 are applications from unixcw source package, and cwdaemon - an application from outside of unixcw suite.

Since the unixcw applications (cw, cwgen, cwcp, xcwcp) are built from the same source package as libcw4 (unixcw 3.1.0) their dependencies will be resolved automatically.

I'm the upstream developer of cwdaemon and currently I'm preparing a new version, developed and tested against libcw4. Files for building new cwdaemon package will be sent to Kamal today.

During the tests of new version of cwdaemon I've discovered and fixed some problems in libcw4. Fixing them will cause a version change of the library from 4.0.0 to 4.1.1, but I don't think that it will be a source of any additional problems. Version of the unixcw source package will be changed from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1.

unixcw files necessary for building libcw4 (4.1.1) and rest of applications from the unixcw suite will be sent to Kamal by end of today.

I hope that - since all applications depending on libcw will be updated soon - there will be no problem with transition to new unixcw.

Best regards,
Kamil